Thursday, July 26, 2012

Caden's Capers - Week 1

Well, today marks 1 week since I have been at my new home - my forever home.  I really like it here.  This week has been a little busy, but mostly just a lot of time spent with my Mommy & Daddy.

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - Gotcha Day!
Last Thursday was my Gotcha Day - you can read more about that in the post that my Mommy wrote last week.

Friday, July 20, 2012 - Just Chill
On Friday, Mommy  and I just stayed home, but Daddy had to go in to his work for a little while to make sure I got added to something called insurance.  Mommy & Daddy's friend, Mary came over and helped while Daddy was gone.  But, since we are doing this thing called cocooning, Mary only got to meet me.  She didn't get to hold me yet.  Mommy & Daddy say cocooning is to help me learn to know them and know that they will always take care of me.  We are trying to stay home a lot, we don't get to watch the TV (at least not with the sound on - Daddy has found the closed captioning) and our visitors are limited.  This helps me to learn Mommy & Daddy's voices, and know that they will be there to meet all of my needs. 

Saturday, July 21, 2012 - A little field trip
Today, we went for a little outing - at least that's what Mommy & Daddy said.  I slept the whole time, so I don't even remember.  We went to my favorite store, Babies 'R' Us to pick up a few things.  I guess I'm a messy eater, so Mommy wanted to get some more burp clothes.  And she also wanted to find a carrier for me, since I like to sleep close to her.  I know this will help her when Daddy goes back to work in a week.  She tried the Baby Bjorn - it was really bad.  It had no back support for her, and my legs just hung there.  She's going to take that thing back!

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - Nesting
Mommy was a crazy cleaning woman today.  I had to hang out with Daddy most of the day - which was just fine with me - because she wanted to clean everything!  I guess she just wants to make me feel welcome, and also make sure I don't get sick.  That crazy dog Susie sure does have a lot of hair.  But I like her anyway - she likes to lick my bare feet - that tickles!  In the afternoon, Mommy & Daddy's friend Debbie came over to bring them some dinner.  I guess sometimes when there's a new baby in the house, it is hard for Mommy and Daddy to find time to make food for themselves.  I'm just glad that they make sure I have food, because I sure do like to eat.

Monday, July 23, 2012 - A BIG DAY!
Today was a big day for me.  We took a car trip to a lot of places.  First, Mommy and Daddy had to get some pieces of papers signed by a special person so it made their signatures legal.  Then, since we were at Mommy's work to do this, we had to go meet Mommy's office assistant.  After we left there, we headed to the day care center to make sure they still had a spot for me when Mommy goes back to work, and also give them some money.  They were so nice - they didn't make Mommy and Daddy give them any money, because of our special situation, and they also remembered us from when Mommy and Daddy had made arrangements for my big brother Luke to go there too.  They were so understanding and happy for our family.  Then, we went back to my favorite store - but I didn't get to go in this time.  Daddy just ran in to take that silly carrier back.  After that, we found an even better store to buy a new carrier for me.  The ladies there were so nice, and they let Mommy try the carrier on with me in it.  Mommy really likes it - as a matter of fact, I am in it right now sleeping away.  I guess Mommy and I communicate by telepathy, since I'm sleeping :-)  After that, I had seen and heard enough of the outside world for one day, and I just wanted to go home.  This was a long day for me, and I slept for a long time when we got home.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - Bath Time & Doctor
Today was another big day for me, but not quite as busy as yesterday.  Mommy and Daddy gave me my first bath at my new home.  I really liked it.  The water was warm and they held me so I felt really comfortable.  I loved the little fishy sprinkler cup they used to help rinse me off.  After my bath, Daddy fed me while Mommy tried to give me a mani/pedi.  She was really nervous, and it took her longer to do my nails than it takes Twee to do her nails - and Twee puts on polish!  After my bath, we had to go to the doctor.  Mommy and Daddy just wanted to make sure I was doing ok, even though I had gotten my two month shots last week.  I am doing ok.  I weigh 9 pounds and 9 ounces already.  I really like to eat my formula. 

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - Photo Shoot
All week, Mommy has been talking about taking my picture.  Last night, she went to Target to get a few things, and she found a really cute little outfit that said "Worth the Wait" on the front.  She thought this would be perfect for some pictures, so she dressed me up and we went to my room for my big photo shoot.  I did not dissapoint Mommy & Daddy - I smiled and giggled and had all kinds of fun while that contraption Daddy was holding made these funny clicking noises.  I smiled at that too.  After the photo shoot, Mommy and Daddy decided this would be a great day to take me for another walk, since it rained last night, and the morning air was fresh and cool. . (We had gone for a walk on Friday too, but it was really hot then.  I cried.)  Today our walk was a lot better.  We took Susie along with us, and she seems to like walking along side of "the Bob" (that's the nickname for my fancy stroller).  I think she likes to protect me.  Mommy says this will be good when Daddy goes back to work and can't go on walks with us.  I know Mommy can handle both of us - I'll be good, but I'm not sure about Susie :-)

Thursday, July 26, 2012 - Just hangin' around
Today, we are just hangin' around the house again.  Mommy and Daddy are taking turns holding me so that they each can get a few chores done.  I get to meet my Aunt Ellen and Uncle Phillip tonight - I'm pretty excited.  They are coming to meet me and cook dinner for Mommy and Daddy.  I can't wait, and Mommy and Daddy are looking forward to it too.  Oh, I should tell you about my boxing match.  It was with a yellow duck with blue wings and a black & white tummy.  I was giving it heck this morning while I was chillin' on the floor.  I would take a swing at it, and every time I got it, Mommy and Daddy would cheer, so I just kept swinging.  I think they had just as much fun watching me punch that thing as I did punching it. 

Well, that's been my week...  Stay tuned.  I will try to write again - hopefully Mommy will have time to read my thoughts again soon.

Love to all my family & friends,


Thelordofmylife said...

I love reading your posts that you are posting. It has been nice getting to know Caden. I hope you guy's are having fun.

Pretty Princess said...

Adorable!! Love hearing about all your fun times with Mommy and Daddy Caden!! They are great people and will take awesome care of you!! Hugs and Kisses from Michigan (your second home state)
Love Aunt Carrie

Marva's "Marvalous" Memories said...

Wow, Caden, it sounds like you are having a lot of fun! Take good care of mommy and daddy and keep posting your daily activities! "Auntie" Marva

Faith Kroschel said...

So glad everything is going well for you!