Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sad Sunday

Well, Chris is still in shock -- his beloved Colts lost their chance to play in the Superbowl today. He has been moping around all afternoon, but I think he'll survive. He's been sanding on his nightstand to take out his frustration. Our week has been pretty status quo. Go to work, come home. Nothing really all that exciting.

The National Western Stock Show started on Saturday. That means I'll be there for the next two weeks helping with the School Tours Educational Program. One of my 4-H members showed in the Catch-A-Calf show yesterday, and I was there to watch her. She did a great job, placing thrid in her market class and making the finals in showmanship. She also placed second overall in the sponsor relationships area -- sending all eight of her monthly letters in on time. She did a great job! I was so proud of her. This is the first time she has ever shown a market steer. The Catch-A-Calf program has the kids catch a small calf in the rodeo arena one year, and then show the calf the next year. They don't actually keep the calf they catch, but they receive the calf in May at about 600 pounds. About 40 kids take part in the program.

We leave on Thursday morning for Jamaica for Chris' brother Sean's wedding. Although we are gone for 4 days, we really only get two days in Jamaica because of the travel time involved. It should be a fun trip, but I'm sure it will be far too short. I just hope the weather is nice while we are there so we can enjoy the few days we have. We'll post some pictures when we get back.

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Hi Holli ~ I like your blog. Blogs are a great way to stay in touch and share photographs. I'm glad you started one! Have fun in Jamaica! I will take a look at the wedding photographs soon. I don't have a computer at home right now, so I have to go to the library in town or stay at work to do some things online.

If you take a look at my blog too (I sent you the link through e-mail)you can see a few pictures of my new nephew, Peter! He is absolutely adorable!! Of course, I'm biased. :)

Take care ~ Lori